Pages

Friday 1 July 2011

Three months on

Crikey – three months gone and I’m still blogging. I suppose for me, the most interesting aspect of blogging and reading other, usually better blogs, is the way it widens your horizons. There are a lot of bright people out there and even if I disagree with what they say, I’m reminded that there are reasons why they say it. In their circumstances and with their history, I might very well say the same things myself. I continually have to remember that there is a huge, accidental element to all beliefs, including my own. It's almost as if we find them lying (?) around, although 'finders-keepers' isn't necessarily the best way to deal with them.

We are not special, except to those near to us, but we are all unique and this uniqueness is brought out very well by the world of blogging. Every life is different, complex and full of incident and it isn’t just the posts reflecting this. Comments are frequently at least as lucid and interesting as the original post. Even if just one-liners, they always add something.

We all know that popular and controversial blogs attract a huge number of comments often from folk who seem to be really upset by the notion of free speech. Yet they still manage to add something, even if it’s mostly an unflattering example of human nature.

This blog is very much a casual minority interest effort and I’m fully aware that I’m not addressing large numbers of people here, but after three months blogging, I think it’s about right for me. I’d like to offer my heartfelt thanks to those hardy souls who actually read my blog and particularly those who leave comments. All are most welcome, agree or disagree. Consensus is not a virtue.

4 comments:

Mark Wadsworth said...

It's my fourth Blogday next Thursday.

It gets harder as you go on, but you get more addicted in equal and opposite measure.

dembones said...

Thank you for blogging. I will keep the statement 'consensus is not a virtue' close to me and use it often.

Time Traveller said...

It takes no hardiness to read you AKH.

A K Haart said...

MW - can't see me making a fourth Blogday - not enough to say.

D and TT - Many thanks for the encouragement.